Wednesday, April 2, 2014

Op Art Weavings

So I'd like to start off this post by letting everyone know I have done it! I have finally solved the mystery of where all the art supplies disappear to. Well not all the art supplies but the glue sticks at least. Which while I'm on the topic of glue sticks let me say that I love how they are NOT elmer's glue, thus being much cleaner, but I loath how quickly my kiddies find ways of destroying them. But back to the case of the missing glue sticks. Check out where all mine have been sneaking off to...

Do you see it? . . . . . . . . Here I'll zoom ya in.


There you are! This is the kind of thing that makes me laugh and sigh all at once. Ah well, onto some art work.

My second graders recently finished an op art weaving project. First we learned how to weave paper, but instead of making it all straight we cut our warp paper so that the completed weavings looked all wavy and such. After the weaving were complete we learned how to make optical illusion circles, or as my students called them disco balls. The finished products came out super swell. Plus this project was great in that it was able to incorporate a lot of math in a tricky way that students didn't even realize was that boring old math stuff,  all that compass drawing and ruler measuring! 


No comments:

Post a Comment