Tuesday, March 4, 2014

The Gravity of Space and Art

So I just finished watching the film Gravity for the fourth time. I know some find it a snooze fest, others think its only good to watch it on a gigantic movie screen, but I am a space addict and its about as close as I'll ever get to actual space soooo.... Gravity has found a little spot in my heart next to Contact. Anyways all this space watching inspired me to post a few more of my students space themed artwork from about a month back.

I regards to what is currently going on in the art room; lots and lots of clay (which as soon as the Face Jugs are complete I'll post an update), paper weaving and portraits. All of which I'll be sure to share on here for my audience of one. *Waves at Emily*

Anyways on to some space art. First I have some chalk pastel solar systems by third grade. We talked about blending and such.



My second graders made their own constellations. The first week we made a splatter painting that became a piece of the night sky. Then students connected the dots to find an image in the stars, just like the ancient greeks must have done long ago. Next they drew out the object they had found and the following week we water colored them.



Lastly my first graders got really creative using up all my scrap paper to make Scrap Aliens!

No comments:

Post a Comment