Monday, September 8, 2014

A Look Around the Room

We are now into our second week of school and are starting up some really great projects I'm excited to share with you! First though I thought I'd give you an official look around my new art room!
 Here is a nice view of the room as you enter the class. My tables are arranged so there is a straight shot to the seating area in the back.







This is the area where students sit while when I discuss new projects, read books or look at images from the computer with them. I'm really diggin' on this rug I picked up on sale at Target.
I have a small book shelf to the right.  I have a lot wonderful art themed books for curriculum, plus tons of fun books for students who finish early to read.
I also have our classroom rules and Wildcat ROARS on the wall. Plus our favorite role model Mona Lisa.
Here is a view of the front of the class where i have hung our classroom art jobs and class ART letters to keep noise volume down and students on task. Those paying close attention will also see that Ribs the Art frog has his new home on the table at the front of the class!!

Lastly I'd thought I'd share with everyone what our Wildcats created during their first week in art.
Every student created a mini self-portrait using a monochromatic color scheme. That means they could only use one color to create his/her portrait. For some it was a challenge (especially those that had yellow) but everyone did a great job using different shades of the same color and different materials to create stunning works of art.


After every student completed a portrait I got to work taping and gluing and gluing and gluing . . . sorry needless to say it was a lot of gluing and assembling our finished work in the hallway! 

So when everyone walked into school this morning they were greeted by all the students smiling faces in a Giant Rainbow Wall!!


No comments:

Post a Comment